Successful grant applications will emphasize a balanced and integrated approach to nature as a driver and/or lens for innovative projects that address the intersection of nature and...
- Conservation of land and wildlife
- Food and clean water systems
- Re-integration of military personnel into civilian life
Dear Potential Grantee:
In an effort to help interested organizations decipher if they might truly be a match for our Foundation, and thus should submit an LOI, we thought it would be helpful to share a little bit more about our foundation. We are a small family foundation whose typical grants are in the $5,000 to $20,000 range and we only fund non-profit organization that reside in either California or Ohio, unless an organization is invited to apply by a Board or Grant Committee Member. We do accept applications from the past year's awardees but will not fund an applicant more than 3 years in a row. Additionally, we have identified the following components of successful grant requests to provide further guidance. The table below is not exhaustive but meant to help provide insight. If you feel you are a good fit we encourage you to apply.
We are interested in programs and projects that are:
- Outdoors / in open space / wilderness / possibly camps
- Unstructured / allow for free/personal time
- Longer term (i.e. longer than a couple of hours, usually over a couple of days
- Supportive of open space preservation
We are NOT as interested in programs and projects that are:
- Environmental/Ecology education (i.e. technical, structured, classroom type experiences)
- Structured / classroom-type experiences
The 2016-2020 Grant Cycle of the Adams Legacy Foundation will be focused on the power of NATURE as a source of renewal, delight, education, nourishment, healing and hope--for individuals, family and the community.